Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Summer Reading List

The first book I want to read this summer is Burned by Ellen Hopkins. Its about a mormon teenager with an abusive father and the anger she feels for her parents. While obviously the book doesn't sound too happy-go-lucky, i've seen alot of people reading them and they sound like good books, there is even a whole series! The second book I would like to read this summer is The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. The book's plot consists of a 16 year old girl Macy Queen, whose boring summer turns into tragedy when her father passes. Later on, she meets a group of people called the Wish Catering crew,who change her life for the better. While I do like reading, I'm usually too lazy to do it unless necessary or if the book is so enticing I can't stop reading it. Hopefully that will change this summer and I'll get in a little reading time! :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, both books have an interesting plot. I agree with you about the book having to be super good to get me to read it over the summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! I read The Truth About Forever and I loved it. Definitely a good choice. The other book sounds really interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey when reading Burned please remember that it will probably make a generalization about Mormons and that not all Mormons are like that kay?

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Mara: I hope I didn't to make any generalizations about mormons! I'm not close-minded. Thanks for the comments guys!

    ReplyDelete