Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Final blog post-hurrah!

I can't believe tomorrow is my last day of Mrs. Gilman's English class! I have a total of 22 blog posts which seems pretty crazy! From reading my blogs, I can see my development throughout the year and the knowledge I've gained. My more recent blogs definitely are better than the first, mostly because I used more analysis and they are more than just a boring response to the prompt. Alot of my blogs, I noticed are somewhat sarcastic or I'm complaining about the current book we were reading, Great Expectations is the first thing that pops into my mind. As the year has gone by though, I've realized I have a greater understanding and respect of literature then the day before I entered the 9th grade. English is my strongest subject and I thought the class would be pretty easy, but boy was I wrong. My questions that were a response to something in the book were definitely my least favorite because it took the most thinking and time to write opposed to the other blogs. One of my favorites was the blog having to do with astrology signs and Romeo and Juliet, believe it or not I actually enjoyed writing the blog! Scrolling down the page as well, I smiled as I saw the blog about my best friends and why I love them: thankfully, they are still my best friends :) My biggest criticism of my blogs is I usually awkwardly word things and I can't write what I'm thinking: as alot of people say, it made sense in my head! This school, not just English, has been a very meaningful year in my life. I've had a lot of negatives and I think I've grown alot stronger. One of my favorite quotes is:

“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”


This class has definitely been more than just an English class, it's tested what I know, expanded what I know and prepared me for Honors English next year. I will miss this class!

No comments:

Post a Comment